WHAT WAS IT?
The Summer Project was a full-time, interactive, hands-on project that was entirely driven and shaped by the young people who took part. They were given a cool space to work from at Hub Westminster, six weeks and collaborated with a team to create a spectacular event at the end of that time.
There were also brilliant, supercharged professionals who gave their expert knowledge along the way. In addition, the young people got the chance to explore what their strengths and skills are during weekly online hangout sessions.
WHO WAS BEHIND IT?
The project ran from the beginning of August and finished in mid-September of 2013. As well as working with a team to put on a ridiculously awesome extravaganza, each week the young people explored different topics during group sessions and online hangouts, such as:
- How to collaborate effectively
- How to research like a pro
- How to plan a successful event
- How to build strong partnerships
- How to fail brilliantly
- How to network, online and in person
WHO WAS IT FOR?
This project was aimed at:
- Young people (between the ages of 18 and 24).
- Living in London and not in education, employment, or training—or from a marginalised or less privileged background.
HOW DID IT ALL GO?
It went well, thank you for asking! Grab a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits and get the full lowdown here.